• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP! Linnie is suddenly attacking his partner

cshove

Checking out the neighborhood
I need urgent advice. About a week ago I moved my two linnies into a new cage (the old one has already been thrown away - it was rusty) and tonight my male bird has suddenly started chasing and attacking his mate. I am assuming this must be a territorial issue, or perhaps an adverse reaction to change in general. The new cage is on wheels so I have been moving it around the house a bit and there are new toys and I suspect maybe all the changes might be too much for him. He has been very sweet and gentle up till now - they squabble regularly over food, but never seriously and they're usually best friends.

Right now I have the aggressive bird separated in a travel cage with a sheet over it, and I'm going to let him sleep there tonight. I would like some advice for how best to introduce him in again, and how to handle the aggression in the long term if it continues. How long should I keep them separated? If anyone has had similar issues, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
:bump4: