• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've done the math...

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
And by far Roudybush pellets are going to be the cheapest brand to feed so everyone will be fed it and we'll save money!!

Winry is almost completely transitioned to it and I don't think even touching her Zupreem Naturals.

But...

Remi is almost transitioned to another brand off the Zupreem Fruitblend and then will need to make a transition.

Rhubarb just started his transition.

Ephrum is holding strong to Zupreem Fruitblend ONLY 4 LIFE.

and "NewBird" is still eating seeds with the occasional pellet.

So in about 4 bags of having enough to transition we'll be in the clear!

:omg::faint:

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Good luck with that. I tried for 2 yrs to get my flock to eat Roudybush pellets. No dice
So far the 3 youngest ones (year and under) like it.. its the seed eater and the fruity pebbles one that's sticky their claws in. Whatever works for them, but maybe one day for those two they'll try something else lol.

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I got my fruity pebbles eaters to convert to Harrisons, but they never would touch the Roudybush. I hope you your birds are more cooperative than mine!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I hope they all transition well! :)

I wish my three would take to Roudybush or Harrison's, but after offering it for months I've accepted I have a Zupreem-loving flock. :lol:

I just consider myself lucky that since Kumo is eating the naturals finally, I have all three on the Zupreem naturals instead of the fruity ones. :angel1:

animallover9

Walking the driveway
Roudybush is what I am working on transitioning my flock to as well. Two of the budgies are holding on tight to the Zupreem breeder pellets (no intentions on breeding the hoarder I got them from fed them this) the other two will eat anything and everything you put in front of them so switching them is a breeze. My tiels are a work in progress they will pick the Zupreem out but once that is gone they will eat the Roudybush since I wont give them more Zupreem during the day. In the last month 2 have completely switched 3 are getting there and 2 are holding on tight to the old pellets.

Hopefully they all transition for you! Good Luck!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Fruitblend - try mixing Roudybush in with Fruitblend?

Seed eater - Put the Roudybush pellets into a coffee grinder or blender and make a powder. Mix about 50/50 with seeds, then add just enough water to make it into a thick 'paste'. You can then make little 'pellet balls' or 'cakes' out of your paste and feed that to your picky seed eater! Will have to eat through the paste to get to the seeds! Thus, trying pellets! And, if you want, toss in some whole pellets to your paste, too!

See here!

Converting Parrots to a Healthier Diet - Tips | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum