• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clumsy and Cheeky Sun Conure, anyone else have this occur?

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
Hello everyone!
Thought I would see just how common this occurs with other peoples flocks, but does anyone else happen to have clumsy birds?

Ever since we have had our sun, Cygni has always been slightly clumsy. Occasionally falls off of shoulders, his flight patterns are goofy, his floor landings are clumsy, etc. He always manages to smack his wings on the edge of a table, the edge of a door, and several times a year we usually have to deal with him breaking/fracturing blood feathers. Restraining him, Sprinkling flour (getting it everywhere I might add, he doesn't sit still for anything) and applying pressure to one of his feathers. He just merely runs around the house with blood smearing on his side while laughing. He is 6 years old by the way. :p

It gives us an occasional anxiety attack but no matter, we love him dearly and we wouldn't change him for any other birdie in the world, so curiosity got the better of me and was wondering if any one else has similar behaviors/incidences with their conures/birdies on a somewhat regular basis?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Bump

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bump7:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Might want to take him in and make sure eyes are healthy and no neurological issues. Might be a time when I recommend a test for avian borna virus. Not a death sentence by an means and no freak out about contagions with others but celebrex has been known to help those birds with odd symptoms that are positive. Just a thought.

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
Might want to take him in and make sure eyes are healthy and no neurological issues. Might be a time when I recommend a test for avian borna virus. Not a death sentence by an means and no freak out about contagions with others but celebrex has been known to help those birds with odd symptoms that are positive. Just a thought.
That's an interesting thought! He is due for a fecal test coming up and I will mention it to our vet! I have mentioned his ways before and they never say anything of it, so perhaps mentioning something specific will do the trick!