• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pearch

Bogdan

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bogdan Dumitrescu
Hello
I just came from vacation. I took a piece of olive wood from a garden . I want to make an perch from that wod . It is a good idea to use olive wood?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
Olive wood should be safe, just remember to choose a healthy tree that hasn't been treated with pesticides. If you don't know whether or not the tree has been treated with pesticides, than it is a good idea to be on the safe side, and not use it. If the tree is safe, you will need to clean the branches thoroughly to remove any mold or bugs that could be toxic or fatal to your bird. To clean the branches soak them in vinegar for several hours to kill the bugs. Then put the branches in the oven at 200 degrees for 1-2 hours. Finally, place the branches in a dry, safe place and leave them out in the sun for several days. This is the link to where I got the directions: How To Use Natural Tree Branches In Your Bird's Cage I know it seems like a lot of work but it's much better to be safe than sorry.

Bogdan

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bogdan Dumitrescu
Last night was scaryyy .Earthqueke . Petee was in her cage bat fly away in the night .It was quite difficult to catchbut once he caught the quiet.Transport cage it would have been a good idea or free around the house?