• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Talking Quaker

Ivy's Momma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
I am just curious as to what age everyones QP's starting talking?
Ivy is 14 weeks & just said he first word "ouch" yesterday. She has been laughing for a couple weeks now.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a funny word to say :lol: Do you hurt your self a lot and walk around the house saying ouch :rofl:

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph started talking shortly after I brought him home. He was 6 months old at the time, which is considered average for a QP to begin imitating speech. Some Quakers start much earlier, even when they're still being weaned, but that's not really typical. Ivy is off to an early start and seems to be a fast learner. :)

Ivy's Momma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
What a funny word to say :lol: Do you hurt your self a lot and walk around the house saying ouch :rofl:
I always say ouch when she nibbles on my ear or pulls my hair. I am a bit of a clutz at times though!....I'm really going to have to watch my "football" potty mouth now!! :sneaky:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo has been talking since 8 weeks old :p don't know the history on the others!

MrPickles

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
chris
mine isnt talking yet. sounds like he is trying to say some things :D so I am Hopeful. he is 6 months old but was adopted by our family about 3 weeks ago

RachaelR

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
Ralph started talking shortly after I brought him home. He was 6 months old at the time, which is considered average for a QP to begin imitating speech. Some Quakers start much earlier, even when they're still being weaned, but that's not really typical. Ivy is off to an early start and seems to be a fast learner. :)
Love that name!!