• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cosmo pics

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Flat footed on a table is usually my goal too. I make an exception for the macaw though. Her nails don't seem to bother her. I'll probably take a quarter inch off them this week sometime. They will still look too long. Cosmo and Ariel for whatever reason need their nails done more often than the others. The amazons rarely need to be clipped and I can't remember the last time I did little bird toes.

I did not make much head way with Cha. I used the Dremel on high until I saw the quick and I barely took much off.

Speaking of amazons, Echo is really long right now. I've never seen him so long. I'd rather tackle a Hy over Echo. He always gets me during nails. Lol

I can't imagine smaller than an amazon. Do they get lost in the towel?

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did not make much head way with Cha. I used the Dremel on high until I saw the quick and I barely took much off.

Speaking of amazons, Echo is really long right now. I've never seen him so long. I'd rather tackle a Hy over Echo. He always gets me during nails. Lol

I can't imagine smaller than an amazon. Do they get lost in the towel?
I don't usually even use a towel for little birds. Restrain head between index finger and middle finger of one hand while palming the body. Fingers extended right under their jaw so they can't bend their neck and get you. Then I do whatever I need to do.

My worst bleeding bite ever came from Diva (YNA) during a nail trim years ago. She only needs it about once a year or less. I knew I was going to get bit, but thought oh it won't be that bad. Diva's a good bird. Apparently I underestimate the degree of her objection to touching her feet without restraining her. I had blood all over the place. A couple days later I was cleaning her black painted cage and couldn't believe how rusty it got all of a sudden. Then realized, that's not rust, its my blood. It was everywhere, my sweatshirt, the floor, the bird, the bird's cage, the dog, the couch. She's very good for an amazon, just for the love of god don't ever touch the feets.