• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mochi spent the night outside- Need Advice!

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Mochi flew out an opened window yesterday while I was at work. My family and I went all over handing out posters and putting them on posts last night and this morning. Thankfully he had not ventured far from home- just down the road- and was spotted hanging around his Missing Poster. We got the call and got there immediately. He was a little brat to get off the phone wire but he's finally back and I couldn't be happier. My vet is closed today so I can't call and ask what they suggest I do so I thought you knowledgeable people could give me some advice. He spent the night outside somewhere and I'm worried about him. I don't know what to do now that he's home like should I wrap him in a blanket to keep him warm? I'm also worried about him picking up diseases from his adventure outside.

I'm just so happy that he's home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my goodness. I'm so happy you got him back. Is he acting normal? I think it's unlikely he picked up a disease from one night outside. He is probably stressed. I'd let him rest. Give him so food with protein to help him keep his energy up and keep an eye on him.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Fill him up with food, drink, and treats and be grateful you got him back. Keep an eye on him just in case and you can always take him in for a well check just in case. Lurch was out two days in pretty nasty weather and once we found the tree he was in he always seemed fine every morning after fearing the worse but crows finally chased him away and haven't seen him since:cry3:
Love your guy and keep an eye on those windows and things as Lurch had never tried to get away before that one day and now we are very careful with Dobby and hoping somebody found him and doesn't know where he belongs yet.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Ditto to what Dartman said and if you have any avian probiotics or DMG in the house give him some. It won't hurt him and just might help a little. Love him like you've never ever had him before (even if he is a brat).

And be very, very grateful that you were able to recover him.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so glad you got him back. How very scary!:eek:

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I'm so glad you got him back! Must have been such a scary experience.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Gosh you are so fortunate to get him back again. Open windows and companion birds do not go together.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Sounds like he's going to be OK and thanks for that, I hope so too and he'll have a friend and good example in Dobby.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about Mochi's escape but very lucky that you got him back and he is now home safe and sound.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Buy a lottery ticket! :smuggrin:

Peppo

Sprinting down the street
Wow, you are lucky! That must have been so scary for you both! Extra cuddles and warm birdie bread.

learnincurve

Walking the driveway
Real Name
helen
Quarantine! He needs to be kept completely separate from the other two for a month, that means keeping him in his cage and washing hands after touching him or his cage. Utterly sucks but it's not worth the risk to the other two.