• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bigger travel cage

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I am going to be visiting my mother 4/5 hours away and the small cage I use to transport Kiwi to the vet just will not do. I needed a cage where she will feel comfy and have enough room to stretch out. Also I wanted a big enough cage where she would not be cramped during our visit which may be a few days. I am letting her play in it today to get used to it. I only placed a few playthings in the cage for now. I will be taking much more with us. She will be riding in the back seat with the cage strapped in with the seat belt.
Travel cage.JPG

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Well, from the way she is acting right now its a winner. I will let you know how she does on the trip. I did put her fav bee pollen perch in the cage ...I KNEW she would love that.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope the trip goes well and you both have fun! I'm glad she seems to like her new travel cage.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Kiwi did well on our trip, At one point I was worried though. She seemed sick, fluffed up and squinting. I thought OMG whats wrong with my baby. I figured it out though...she needed a good long nap. Its loud at my moms, she doesn't hear well and everyone that came to visit talked really loud...especially my brother who has a booming loud voice anyway. I had her in the living room so she was right there exposed to it. When I figured it out I moved her for part of the day to another room where it was quieter so she could take a much needed nap. She was fine after that. She did well in the car. When we got home I filled all her food cups and put her back into her home cage. She had no problem eating at my moms but when she got home she ate and ate and ate some more to the point I told my husband I was worried about the amount she was eating. Go figure, we worry when they don't eat and then worry when they eat too much.

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Glad the trip went well!!

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I was really impressed that she stepped up for people and never once tried to nip them. she sat on the outside perch and would just step right onto someones finger. The only time she was loud is when I went out to do errands for my mom and she whined the entire time. My mom said it was like a baby when mommy leaves.