• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue & Gold Macaw needs new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have a 12 year old son, days away from teenager. ;) His friends do really well around the birds and mine are very flighted. None of my birds seem to mind the kids at all where some of my flock really do mind adults.

My son has got into a few awkward situations where he has got to pick them up, some of them love him and others he uses a stick to get them.

All of them find him fascinating when he has food, he treats them often and without cause. I think he could pick up all of them without the stick but his comfort level stops with Tiko and Rosie.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Isn't he the one who begged for a hy? And now he's afraid of Tiko? Kids are funny

Asked Santa for one. ;) Tiko plays rough, he is also pretty mouthy. Cha and he are best of friends. He gets along best with Sam, they act the same age. :)

Edit to add. I'm glad he is cautious. Joey has grown up with this very large flock, he has an extremely good ability to read them without being taught. The tempers that fly around here with jealousy are ones to pay attention to. If his comfort level is not there with a certain bird I'd rather he not push it, there is probably good reason he feels such.

Last edited:

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Tulip is also mouthy and rough. I only allow my kids to pat or hold her with my direct supervision. She's just too powerful and their fingers are too little

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
The shrieks of many teen girls all at once..
I'm a teen myself but can't stand it :lol:

Have you brought up the stick idea to your kids?

Linda Melgar

Moving in
Hi from Atlanta!! I hope everybody had a good holiday season. Scooter is still looking for a new home. I have not tried very hard to look for a home - I'm so afraid of him being left alone all day. He must go to a home where he can be let out of his cage a lot. My family is still not putting effort into working with him, so nothing has changed. When I was posting about rehoming him, I learned that he either knew, or learned very quickly from me, that he rolls over!! He's hilarious - he lays on his back and moves his claws around. Please contact me at thinksnow2@msn.com. I don't think I am getting messages forwarded to my email. I'll look at the settings.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Hi! Hope you had a good holiday too.
It's good that you are wanting the best for him :)
With all my heart I wish I could take him in..mac screams + neighbors = no fun

Not sure if it's been done before but would your avian vet maybe know someone who'd want Scooter?? Just an idea...

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
You need 20 postings I believe it is in order to receive pm's yourself. Just make comments on other posts and bring your number up but if anyone is super interested they can always contact a moderator who will forward the info on too.

Reactions: Tim

Christine 1978

Real Name
christine
Scooter is a very handsome fid. I assume that is who is in your profile picture. I'm glad your taking your time finding him a home. It's very important for him and for you. The right family will come along when you least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.