• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Amazon eyes

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Lily has pretty much lost all her cuddliness, at this point only wanting head scratches every once in a while. I respect her wishes and don't push her. She's been acting like more of an amazon, now pinning her eyes and fanning her tail. She doesn't do it in an aggressive way. It's more like she wants everyone to know that she's a big bad Amazon, and that you better not mess with her. She seems to like me the most out of all of us and, don't tell the other birdies, she's one of my favorites too. This is a video of her very very pretty eyes.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
How old is she now? Admittedly, the change is disheartening when you can no longer pet them as you did when they were younger. Even more so when they come at you in a full fledged attack. My Lola really only has a couple of severe triggers that make her want to leap off and bite ( though she has never jumped on me.. yet). Crinkling bags and taking her stainless bowl out of it's holder every night to check the contents and freshen evokes really nasty behavior. She's having a late hormone surge and actually wants me to pet her which is definitely not the norm in her behavior. Otherwise she would rather bite than let me touch her. Henry on the other hand is unpredictable all the time and throughout the spring and summer fairly dangerous to deal with at times. He's been fairly behaved the past couple months with occasional threats to attack … like last night he charged me when I was wiping his top tray and made my heart skip a couple of beats. :wtf:

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
How old is she now? Admittedly, the change is disheartening when you can no longer pet them as you did when they were younger. Even more so when they come at you in a full fledged attack. My Lola really only has a couple of severe triggers that make her want to leap off and bite ( though she has never jumped on me.. yet). Crinkling bags and taking her stainless bowl out of it's holder every night to check the contents and freshen evokes really nasty behavior. She's having a late hormone surge and actually wants me to pet her which is definitely not the norm in her behavior. Otherwise she would rather bite than let me touch her. Henry on the other hand is unpredictable all the time and throughout the spring and summer fairly dangerous to deal with at times. He's been fairly behaved the past couple months with occasional threats to attack … like last night he charged me when I was wiping his top tray and made my heart skip a couple of beats. :wtf:
She is only around 7 months now I believe. I do not mind the change, as much as I love the cuddles, I respect that she doesn't want to be pet and I won't push her. Her cuddliness has turned more into playfulness, all she wants is to gently wrestle with my fingers. No biting yet but I will deal with that when it comes.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
She's a doll! I love those expressive pinning amazon eyes too. I could watch them all day.

My amazon didn't like me for the first 12 years of his life. I was the help, my daughters his love. He's never been a cuddly bird, but also never became standoffish to them as he became mature.

The last few years have been wonderful for me. He now LIKES me!! I can scritch him, he'll come over and talk with me. I used to be mudd, now after all these years (17 to be exact) he's decided I'm OK.

You just never know what'll happen in the future.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
There are three types of Zons... His, Hers and Not Mine! I'll let you guess which one I own! :backout::rofl:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Eye pinning and fanned tail can mean excitement, not aggression. I don't think she's going to be hormonal for some time.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
One of my Amazons likes me a lot and the other one sort of tolerates me.
She is very pretty!