• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

18 yr old lovebird- Sad Update Post #7

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds like you deserved every bit of that little girl's love. :sadhug: You did all you could for her. Sometimes it gets to the point where we can do nothing but end their pain and struggling. That's a hard choice, and you made it out of love. Nothing wrong there. I know it's still a terrible decision to have to make, and so painful to say goodbye. :(

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:
Sometimes the hardest decisions we have to make are the kindest ones.
Take comfort in knowing she's no longer in pain, and know that this isn't goodbye.
She's up there flying high on the Rainbow Bridge, and you'll see her again when it's time.

Fly high, Kiwi. :sorrow:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
You did the best you could, she knew she was safe, loved, and was with you to the end so sounds like you did the right thing and she went to the bridge knowing you were with her.
Give yourself time to grieve and with time you be able to think of the good times. I miss all my FIDS to this day and they all took a piece of my heart with them.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow::bluhug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so very sorry for your loss

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:
Sorry for your loss.

JessieW

Sprinting down the street
:sad7:I'm so very sorry for your loss.. but know in your heart that she loved you very much

kappiann

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelliann
After all this time, I still break out in tears when I see a picture of her or glimpses of that night intrude on my dreams. I miss her so terribly. I even get teary eyed with my Cadin who was my albino lovebird who was bred with a family member and had a twisted beak. He clung to me all the time and i babied him and Kiwi girl. I still feel very very guilty I didn't put Cadin in his caged locked .. he flew over the CAGs cage and that was it..... I was a bad bad bird mommy and I kick myself to this day for it. I never thought such a frail little lovie could blow such a large hole in my heart. The guilt of both still haunt me after all this time.....:crycry:

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
I'm sorry for both your losses..........your Dad and your Lovebird. I think you really did all you could for your sweet little bird. An enlarged heart and liver are not diagnoses that can be cured only managed. You managed your birds illness very well, 18 years is a good long life. My condolences.