• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weeble's new crush, lol

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
So the peacock snuck up on us today while we were getting our vitamin D. His mind was blown, lol. :jawdrop1:I actually had to get him to move back a couple times when he started to get too close. He was so curious about Weeble when he spotted her after she started whistling to him to get his attention. She was not concerned a bit. Just sat there eating and whistling at him while he gawked at us. I then fed (tossed) him some blueberries he walked about 8 ft over to the side, jumped up on the railing, laid down and hung out until we went inside. Weeble whistling at him the whole time. Cracked me up. She just kept doing her "come here" whistle louder and louder for like 10 minutes. She was especially pleased when she hit enough volume to have a bit of an echo:lol:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
.... And Peacock will go back to his flock to tell of his adventure with a friendly bird who shared some blueberries.
Tomorrow you may have more gawkers to check out Weeble.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
.... And Peacock will go back to his flock to tell of his adventure with a friendly bird who shared some blueberries.
Tomorrow you may have more gawkers to check out Weeble.
I hope so! I love having him around:xflove:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
be careful they can get quite aggressive. one of neighbor's at the farm had one, until it chase him into shed and held him there until the wife round the bird up and put him in another shed.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
be careful they can get quite aggressive. one of neighbor's at the farm had one, until it chase him into shed and held him there until the wife round the bird up and put him in another shed.
Oh don't worry. I was standing right there and only had to step over to block her from him if he made any sudden movements. I will keep my eye on him though. I'm sure when breeding season is happening he might be more rowdy but am not too concerned. I spent a lot of time around them at the farm I kept my horse at when I was young and never had any get aggressive even with females around but always better to be safe than sorry for sure. That is wild that one attacked your friend though. I've not heard of that although I did have a roster that kept trying to fight my crocs anytime we hung out lol. He hates those shoes and the color pink in general.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
this guy was so upset by the peacock that he bought to keep the ticks down in his yard. his wife thought it was so funny that she sent in picture to the local paper. she went as far and making WARNING signs for their yard. I know that geese and turkeys can be aggressive, and leave a nasty beak size bruise most often on your backside if they get bite in.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's so cute.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
She has good taste. :lol:
Looking good Mr. Peacock.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Mrs. Quail came up on the deck to check her out today. She was not so cordial this time, lol. I had to nicely ask The cute lady to go on her way.

See her in the railing to the left of the cage?
image.jpeg

A better shot of her
image.jpeg
They had babies when we first saw them and I was oohing and awwing over them and I think that's what ticked her off, lol

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Some of us petite gals are attracted to those tall, lanky guys ...

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great thread :laugh:

Weeble has fun adventures :fairy2: