• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Welcome Home Sammy & Ruby

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I saw these ladies first on Craigslist then another member had private messaged me to get eclectus advice as they were considering adopting one of these ladies. I ended up reaching out to a fellow local Eclectus Crazy lady like myself :cool4: and she knew the owner and everything ended up falling into place from there.
I have nothing bad to say about their previous owner; he loved these girls very much but due to personal loss he was unable to keep these red heads. I think we can all agree in these ladies case feathers are truly over rated they are more nudists at heart.
(Please remember these are TEMP cages in my spare room! These are NOT their full size cages.)

SAMMY: is 25 years old and plucked for as long as he could remember. She made little noises since I picked her up. I can't tell what she's trying to say yet but I'm listening very closely.

Ruby: is 15 years old a Vos female with wonderful yellow tail feathers to shake around. She was said to pluck on and off I have a little hope we may get some growth back on her around the edges. She came to sit right next to me when I ate dinner by their temp cages so I had to reward her with a peice of food.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
So happy you could take them in and provide a loving home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're beautiful! Congrats! And thanks for giving them a good home. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Beautiful, beautiful ladies!

Just look into their eyes...you can see beauty on the inside, too...:heart:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
hi, beautiful ladies ,welcome to forever home.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:bounce7::congrats5::bounce7:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
They are so precious and look so comfortable in your home. Thank you for taking them in.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats, and thank you! ♥

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
So we brought our two new ladies home and the first few hours went well. I put together their temp cages. I went to Omar's bought $400 in new supplies: perches, toys, their own mash and dry food - so everything was separated from anyone else's stuff.
We learned very quickly these girls have never seen a dog before in their lives. And found them VERY scary!
Long story short my neighbors started to leave us Love Notes complaining about the screaming birds. The ladies started to scream at 5am and ended sometime after dusk when it was bedtime.
For their sanity and our families we decided they needed a home without dogs (as many of you know we have a "couple" of dogs lol).
SO they are living with a very Eclectus knowledgeable friend. She has I believe 9 Eclectus and since the ladies recently within the last year had full blood tests and other tests done they were able to go directly into her flock and I am happy to announce they are thriving! I can keep everyone updated on their progress as they update us.
Even though they didn't end up landing forever with us I was able to pay their adoption fees, spoil them with tons of new supplies and get them into a home without dogs were they felt safe. I still chalk this up in the Win column and hope everyone else does also!

We will be adding a new member to our flock sometime this year or next year... Just deciding what is the best fit for our active dog filled lifestyle.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hey guys redid blood work both girls have liver damage my friend said so they have adjusted their diets -removed all pellets like I do and the girls are doing great so far