• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Diego and Petunia together at last!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
They're just adorable! :heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, did I say great? update! ♥♥♥

But please tell us more, did they love each other from the first moment and what happened when you put them together? :)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And I forgot... They are from the same breeder? Are they perhaps siblings?

alicat

Real Name
Ali
:faint: too much cute.
Please tell us how it went! Looks like it went well :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
They look so happy together. But does 2 caiques mean double the trouble that they can get into?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
ooooooooh, so cute together!!!

Reactions: Tim

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
To a great friendship!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They are so cute!

Tim

Avenue Veteran
Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, did I say great? update! ♥♥♥

But please tell us more, did they love each other from the first moment and what happened when you put them together? :)
:faint: too much cute.
Please tell us how it went! Looks like it went well :)
Not so great the first meeting! It was kind of a fiasco. I had to separate them pretty quickly. Then I waited and let them get to know each other a little more in separate, but near to each other, cages. Next meeting we did on the floor with their toy box. That went great! Still learning that they play even harder with each other than they do with us. I read that providing a new play stand that no one has made a claim to can help, thus the new Java tree. Worked like a charm. One of the great things about caiques is that they are rarely afraid of new things in their environment. A little standoffish at first, but once they saw walnuts in the food dishes they had no problem. VERY food motivated, these parrots! It's been a beautiful friendship ever since! (Ok, that means a day, but it's progress!). Petunia can fly about 5 feet pretty well, so if she gets tired of his pestering she can get away. He loves to preen her. Funny thing is that if I take him off the stand and over to my chair, she flys over to instigate :lol:

And I forgot... They are from the same breeder? Are they perhaps siblings?
No, different breeders, so definitely not siblings.

They look so happy together. But does 2 caiques mean double the trouble that they can get into?
Potentially, but it also means that they are super happy entertaining themselves! I love watching them together, and it hasn't changed how much they want to interact with us, either.:heart::heart:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are so cute :fairy2:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I love watching them together, and it hasn't changed how much they want to interact with us, either.:heart::heart:
And it never will. ♥ They will always love to interact with their flock.
Just look at Sarojs cakes, a very good example for showing how much they also loves us human consider that they live with a parrot friend.
Eloy loves me, Akela loves both me and Eloy. That is really perfect, I will never go back to having one again. They are birds and together they can do what birds do. :)

Tim

Avenue Veteran
And look how shaggy Diego is! He's really going through his first molt now! His belly is getting whiter every day.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
No, not at all spoiled .... :hehe:

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Not so great the first meeting! It was kind of a fiasco. I had to separate them pretty quickly. Then I waited and let them get to know each other a little more in separate, but near to each other, cages. Next meeting we did on the floor with their toy box. That went great! Still learning that they play even harder with each other than they do with us. I read that providing a new play stand that no one has made a claim to can help, thus the new Java tree. Worked like a charm. One of the great things about caiques is that they are rarely afraid of new things in their environment. A little standoffish at first, but once they saw walnuts in the food dishes they had no problem. VERY food motivated, these parrots! It's been a beautiful friendship ever since! (Ok, that means a day, but it's progress!). Petunia can fly about 5 feet pretty well, so if she gets tired of his pestering she can get away. He loves to preen her. Funny thing is that if I take him off the stand and over to my chair, she flys over to instigate :lol:

No, different breeders, so definitely not siblings.

Potentially, but it also means that they are super happy entertaining themselves! I love watching them together, and it hasn't changed how much they want to interact with us, either.:heart::heart:

Oh my God Tim, they sound adorable. It's almost a little cuter that it took two tries, I love fiesty animals :p
Hopefully Tuney can handle all Diegos shenanigans:D