• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3 Female Ekkies (CL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
Hi, guys! I know that two of these ads are not scams, but I'm not sure about the Vos ekkie. They may or may not be already adopted out, didn't check, but certainly doesn't quite seem like it.

vos eclectus parrot

Parrot Solomon Islands Eclectus Female

female eclectus parrot

Oh, and if you'd be so kind, please respond to my thread about what female ekkies are like...we need more info about these beautiful birds! :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Could the first and third posts be for the same bird?

Anyway, some beautiful nekkid beauties...:heart:

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I don't know how much ekkies cost in your area but those prices seem high for craigslist.

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Sounds like the same person, but the first one doesn't have the blue on the wings?

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
Could the first and third posts be for the same bird?

Anyway, some beautiful nekkid beauties...:heart:
I don't think so. The first is a Vos, and the third one doesn't have the gold on the tip of her tail feathers.

I don't know how much ekkies cost in your area but those prices seem high for craigslist.
Everything in my area is ridiculously over priced. There are even 25 year old, naked blue and gold macaws demanding $2000. And even though they say price is firm, some haggling is in store if you do it right. Depends on the person though.

EDIT: Oh! You meant person, not bird. XD But I think the person selling them might be the same.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
If you can get the price down get that baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
If you can get the price down get that baby.
Are you talking to me? Sorry if I sound stupid... And if you are, I would love to, but I'm scared to death that I don't know anything about female ekkies. I just know that they're a bit standoffish but like to be petted occasionally, needing shredding toys over wood blocks that need to be destroyed. Is that right?

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I was talking to you. Please don't be scared of the not knowing. Mine gets fresh veggies every day (about the size of a pea or a kernel of corn) and sometimes fruit. I was told to keep the fruit down. Ekkies are not hard to take care of. They do like toys to shred and can shred a toy in a day but then again she is just as not likely to shred a toy and it can be there for months before she plays with it. She comes out of her cage every day but it isn't for long. She is good about going back in most of the time. Take a look at those pictures and tell me that you don't think you can rehab that baby.

I have mine step up, bring her to my face and make kissey noises and then sometimes we sit on the couch for a few minutes and I put her either back in her cage or on top of her cage. I leave the door open and she comes and goes as she pleases. Fresh water and veggies. How scary is that?

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
I was talking to you. Please don't be scared of the not knowing. Mine gets fresh veggies every day (about the size of a pea or a kernel of corn) and sometimes fruit. I was told to keep the fruit down. Ekkies are not hard to take care of. They do like toys to shred and can shred a toy in a day but then again she is just as not likely to shred a toy and it can be there for months before she plays with it. She comes out of her cage every day but it isn't for long. She is good about going back in most of the time. Take a look at those pictures and tell me that you don't think you can rehab that baby.

I have mine step up, bring her to my face and make kissey noises and then sometimes we sit on the couch for a few minutes and I put her either back in her cage or on top of her cage. I leave the door open and she comes and goes as she pleases. Fresh water and veggies. How scary is that?
Omg, I feel so tempted. HAHA. Maybe, I wish, but more than just rehabbing the baby...can I rehab my DOG? She caught a pigeon the other day despite being anemic and now that she's healthy, what would she do to a colorful chicken sitting on a stand? I've only read stories of low drive dogs and bird working together. More than me being scared of my being a horrid bird owner, I'm scared that I might just paying for a 1000 dollar meal for my canine. :bash:

Maybe if there's a lot of reassurance that yes, I can make this work with a dog like that, I'd fly over there. LOL.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...I did text the owner of the bird. I couldn't help myself. He says he can do 800 dollars. Is that a good price?

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
There are3-5 Eckies listed on c-list right now all around $1000 even for a 35 year old. I think one person saw the price someone listed and everyone followed suit. I personally dont pay $1000 for a rehome. But I hope they find amazing homes.

Last edited:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I think $1000 for a rehome Ekkie is a bit much too. The highest I have paid if $500 and I talked that down.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
You're welcome to PM me I had a rescue reach out to me about these birds and the owners situation :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Update: if everything goes as planned I'll be scooping up the two plucked lady eclectus' this coming weekend to live with us :) I'll keep everyone updated.
Wonderful news...

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Update: if everything goes as planned I'll be scooping up the two plucked lady eclectus' this coming weekend to live with us :) I'll keep everyone updated.
Wow - two new ekkies to the flock. I hope the vet exams find them disease free.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
You just must be bursting with excitement.

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
can't wait to hear about their progress

Status
Not open for further replies.