• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures There Went My Lunch

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This is why I developed a unique skill called scarfing or inhaling food when I'm around my birds or daughter.

"What food?" I choke out as I try and speak and swallow the food that had been crammed into my mouth. "I see no food."

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
This is why I developed a unique skill called scarfing or inhaling food when I'm around my birds or daughter.

"What food?" I choke out as I try and speak and swallow the food that had been crammed into my mouth. "I see no food."
Haha! Nice!
Moochers!!

Jane

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi Big Blues, sorry this is a bit off topic but I can't figure out how to PM you on here. I saw on another post that you own an emerald macaw. I've been trying to find someone who breeds that hybrid. Can you tell me where you got yours? Or if it's a rehome do you still have the contact info of the original owners? This is my dream bird, it'll be my second and last addition to my little flock. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Hi Big Blues, sorry this is a bit off topic but I can't figure out how to PM you on here. I saw on another post that you own an emerald macaw. I've been trying to find someone who breeds that hybrid. Can you tell me where you got yours? Or if it's a rehome do you still have the contact info of the original owners? This is my dream bird, it'll be my second and last addition to my little flock. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!
No biggie at all!
@Big Blues
Now they're tagged.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi Big Blues, sorry this is a bit off topic but I can't figure out how to PM you on here.
Welcome! Only members who have made at least 25 posts can PM other members besides the staff.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Chaos is also a sandwich thief! He knows the good stuff is 'inside' the bread, and dives between the slices to get to it first.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best

I'll walk past the birds with my food held behind my back! Have to trick those greedy boogers, especially when my food isn't bird friendly. ;)

I get 'umm, umms' whenever I open the frig. :laugh:

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Chaos is also a sandwich thief! He knows the good stuff is 'inside' the bread, and dives between the slices to get to it first.
Haha, yeah...she'll do that. Pick the tasty bits off of whatever food item.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I'll walk past the birds with my food held behind my back! Have to trick those greedy boogers, especially when my food isn't bird friendly. ;)

I get 'umm, umms' whenever I open the frig. :laugh:
YES! You can give them the EXACT same thing or perhaps a bird safe option but they insist on the one you're eating. It's just like kids and candy...when does candy taste the best? When you're not supposed to have it!
or the classic...I'll be drinking coffee or something a kid perhaps shouldn't have at the moment. I want some!!! Okay I'll get you your very own glass. (give kid water, milk, or juice etc) Yes, it's the exact same thing I'm drinking. It's so good!
:faint::lol:

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome! Only members who have made at least 25 posts can PM other members besides the staff.
Thanks!
@Jane I can send your message if you like as I've posted enough or I'm sure a staff person would be happy to if you ask. I think you can also post on the person's wall but I'm not sure if you have to have a certain amount of posts to do that like when you PM.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

I know Maxie is a rehome, she has an old English accent. ;) If I recall the owner was in ill health.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I know Maxie is a rehome, she has an old English accent. ;) If I recall the owner was in ill health.
I saw an emerald named Max needing a new home a while back. I wonder if it's the same one or just a neat coincidence...being the same hybrid and almost same name. Highly doubt it but it's still kind of funny to think about it being the same bird or 2 potential Twinkies.
:blink: