• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Changes

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I have been noticing some changes in Gracie over the past few months since she has been getting a bit older. She has made a lot of good adjustments to her new cage which is a plus and hasn't been napping as much but my husband and I have noticed when she is out she is a little nippier than normal when I do have to move her by hand some times. I would hazard a guess she might be getting a little bit of arthritis on her hip area now that she is getting older.

BoBo has really been enjoying his new cage and the best thing even though he hates me with a passion is he loves his new toy I got him from Avian Stainless. @Deejo I want to thank you so much for the toys for my lovies they both love their new toys.

For BoBo this is a big thing considering how scared of everything he is, with in 2 minutes of me having him moved into his new cage and on top of his nest which is his safe place he hopped off and went right for his new toy. I almost burst into tears i was so happy. He has been playing with it everyday all day off and on. He is very spry for 15 years old and he is giving it his all to attack that thing.

It's been good seeing how happy they both are with all the new toys and changes that have been going on and how well they are taking them. They both are really loving the new space they have in their new cages and all the new treats. I'm just glad my fids are happy and helping to keep me busy.

They are taking the food transition in stride to a point but its a work in progress and BoBo is still kinda leery of the nutri-berries. He threw one at my husband yesterday it was pretty funny because he was so offended. First time he has ever thrown food that I know of.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i hope that your birds live a long time

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If they don't like one nutriberry, try another. My zons didn't care for nutriberries until I bought the senior ones. Now they are a staple in their diet.

I read somewhere that tart cherry juice (get the organic one) is good for some types of joint pain. Google that to see if it might help Gracie.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I'll give it a try and see how it goes. She just managed to give her self brain freeze. She went after my sherbert when I looked away poor thing.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm glad your birds seem so happy and are enjoying their new things!:)