• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird Quirks

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Echo has some weird quirks. He'll take pieces of his toys to left back corner of his cage and play with it and chew it and the bars of the cage. I assume its some kind of nesting behavior. He also like to preen my nose but first he has to remove my glasses, of course.

But his weirdest quirks are the things he hates. He hates hairbrushes, my wallet, my purse containers, and baby toys, almost anything plastic. He wants to destroy all of them and can get so mad it's actually concerning at times. He also doesn't like if i scratch myself.

I have to really careful with things he hates but overall he's a sweetie.

20160412_132429.jpg
But I was wondering who else has a bird with weird quirks? And what are they?

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
Stormy my teil has one certain whistle he does when he shreds paper, doesn't do it any other time .if he doesn't want something on his cage or in it he takes it and throws it out.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
My Teil Sam, who passed away earlier this year, was so weird and wonderful. He loved to sing a particular song (sang only the one tune for over 16 years) while standing on a perch and on the last note of each verse he would lower his head under his favorite bell and stand up with it on his head like a hat. He loved to wear his bell hat! He actually bonded with my sister (not me, the person who fed and cared for him for almost two decades, LOL) and would sit on her finger and sing up into her nostrils. If you interrupted his song at any time he would screech at you. He also liked to raise a foot to ear level and open and close his toes while he sang, standing on the other foot.

After three years of having one particular toy in his cage (a small mirror with an abacus) with no problems, he started to shriek uncontrollably at it night and day. It took me a little while to figure out where he was directing the panic. Once I did, I removed the toy and he immediately stopped screaming, walked over and put on his bell hat and that was the end of that. LOL!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My Teil Sam, who passed away earlier this year, was so weird and wonderful. He loved to sing a particular song (sang only the one tune for over 16 years) while standing on a perch and on the last note of each verse he would lower his head under his favorite bell and stand up with it on his head like a hat. He loved to wear his bell hat! He actually bonded with my sister (not me, the person who fed and cared for him for almost two decades, LOL) and would sit on her finger and sing up into her nostrils. If you interrupted his song at any time he would screech at you. He also liked to raise a foot to ear level and open and close his toes while he sang, standing on the other foot.

After three years of having one particular toy in his cage (a small mirror with an abacus) with no problems, he started to shriek uncontrollably at it night and day. It took me a little while to figure out where he was directing the panic. Once I did, I removed the toy and he immediately stopped screaming, walked over and put on his bell hat and that was the end of that. LOL!
:heart::heart::heart:

Nyx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Randi
My greenie hates toes and anything resembling a paper towel/wipe (which i hear are normal greenie things to hate lol). If she gets mad while in her cage, she'll show you by loudly pulling on and swinging these hanging plastic ball toys with bells in them and mumbles angrily lol
Another weird quirk is she attacks me when getting in her cage every morning, but when she sees me carry away her water dish to get fresh water she gets excited and goes "good girl, good baby girl" XD