• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I am not new, but Israel the ringneck is!

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
Hi everyone! I would like to introduce our new ringneck Israel. Issy is a rehomed bird, and we have taken her into our home to give her the life that she deserves. She's just been all-cleared by our wonderful avian vet, and is now getting used to life in her new cage in our living room. (We even managed to find another of the cage that our lorikeet PomPom is in - matching cages!!)

She is not at all tame, however the last couple of days have seen her settle down quite a bit - she's even brave enough to come down and eat a little from the bowl right next to me. I expect she may even take something from my hand within the week!

With time will come training, but for now it's an adjustment period for her and for all of us. PomPom is absolutely smitten with her, but will have to wait quite some time I think before the feeling is replicated!

I don't know too much about ringneck genetics but I think she is a cinnamon dilute? Anyone with greater wisdom please feel free to inform me!

Anyway here's a few pics of her, and one or two of PomPom who had her second birthday June 1! They grow up so fast lol!

Say hello to Issy (and PomPom!)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful. Congratulations.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on getting Issy and Happy Belated Birthday to PomPom.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Welcome, welcome!

Excellent choice on a nice, large cage! :) Lots of room for a boing, some more natural/lumpy perches and lots of types of toys as time goes along. :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hello: And :welave:

Your birds are beautiful :heart: Thanks for sharing pics :)

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Issy is settling in slowly. She's a very independent parrot. I can approach her cage now without her getting spooked. And she will carefully watch me put some apple on the top stand, but won't go eat it yet until I am further away. Her and pompom just had their first out of cage time together, which was rather cute. Issy just isn't sure yet, but PomPom is definitely besotted with her LOL! Issy is starting to feel that the cage is HER safe place, which you can tell by the fact that she will often head to it and perch, even though she has the choice of anywhere in the room. I think her and I will get along fine, it's just going to take some time!
Ill post some more pictures soon - I'll get the real cameras out next time. Today I'm on a deadline however, so I better spin!

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
So it's been a couple of weeks now, and I have just had Israel take a piece of apple through the cage bars for the first time! I'm so excited!
She seems awfully hand shy, but is slowly getting braver. Not the easiest bird to get back into her cage yet! After two weeks we had PomPom on her back getting tickles and stepping up lol!