• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

step up behavior

withoutwingz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elle
so my quaker Apollo steps up quite nicely. i really think he actually likes doing it.
hell get puffy (not angry puffy) and his mouth is open and hell make this cute little noise. its not panting, hes not tired. its like its open as if hes going OMG I CANT BELIEVE WE GET TO STEP UP AGAIN YAAAAAAAAAY!
anyone elses quaker do this?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

GreenGoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sherry
Phoenix doesn't like to step up. But I think it is because he will only do it out of the cage and it usually ends up with him back in the cage. lol
But we will work on it, I am very patient.
I do hope he will one day enjoy it.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph steps up willingly but doesn't get as excited about it as Apollo does. Usually, he's just impatient to be taken somewhere else, like into the kitchen to sit in the cupboard or pull spoons out of the drawer. :D

withoutwingz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elle
but is it common for a bird to really seem to enjoy stepping up? hes like a kid in a candy store when we do it!

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Apollo may be so excited because he's thinking about what new adventures might be ahead once he's stepped up. If you're taking him out to play, or to explore, he probably is happy about that-- along with just enjoying the attention. :)

Senneth

Strolling the yard
Yoshi can say step up, and he let's me know when he wants up and obviously I wasn't offering right then. Which in his opinion should be all the time mind you! He likes to "go exploring" with me around the house so he'll ask to step up whenever I appear to be doing something he wants to watch