• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 questions for you admins

Mybirdiespecks

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Krystal Love
Alrighty, I'm new! I read your guidelines and saw your question forum ( which I hope I am posting in ). I'm going to introduce but after that I'd like to know where to post my question about my bird having a scissor aka crooked beak and getting advice with people who have had birds with the same issue? He's a cockatiel. Also is it best in this situation not to post one or 2 pictures? I wanted to come on a website to show what my bird looks like but I read your policy about pictures. My bird can still eat, is a healthy weight, is happy, plays, and doesn't seem to be bothered by the issue. It's not extremely bad- if it was I would have taken him to a vet and skipped a website- but I still don't want to break guide lines. Thank you!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Been on here for ages and I've never read policy about pictures....My bad. I'll attempt to read that before posting another picture.

Mybirdiespecks

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Krystal Love
Been on here for ages and I've never read policy about pictures....My bad. I'll attempt to read that before posting another picture.
I think it's a warning for us? Like you CAN post pics but they caution you on pictures due to criticizing owners? I'm not 100% sure, that's why I'm asking. I guess it's a dumb question?? Maybe people post pics all the time?!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm no expert but if you're looking for help or suggestions about your tiels scissor beak I'd think either the Healthy Highway or Special Needs Crossing. Cockatiel Corner would be another but I'd think the Special Needs Crossing would be more helpful.

As for photos (@Clueless that makes two of us) I've posted photos of one my tiels, Theo, who has a slight scissor beak. He and another tiel with an underslung jaw/lower beak (due to being attacked in the nest box) are on a two week schedule of beak trims. I hope that helps.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I think it's a warning for us? Like you CAN post pics but they caution you on pictures due to criticizing owners? I'm not 100% sure, that's why I'm asking. I guess it's a dumb question?? Maybe people post pics all the time?!
I believe the warning is directed at people who show their birds in possibly dangerous or life-endangering situations.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
If you have an Avian vet it might be a good idea to take him/her in and have them teach you how to best maintain the beak to give the best use of the beak.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You are looking at "posting pictures of birds in unsafe situations" ;)

You are fine to post photos, just remember it is a public forum and any pictures you post can be seen by anyone. :)