• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage choices

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I think I am narrowing my choices to Bourkes or a Be Be! So, I was looking for flight cages. I found this on eBay, but I don't know who the manufacturer is or anything like that. Do I have to worry about how sturdy and how good the coating is? Or is that mainly for the bigger birds that could tear apart a cage?

I know I need a flight cage of some sort. So, I found these that are 30 X 18 X 18, but they seem so short, too.

Too many choices!!

Flight Cage 30 18 18 Black Case of 4 Birdcages Bird Flight Cages | eBay

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I saw that one, and really like it!! Since these birds don't climb, I didn't know if the taller would be better or not. Thank you for your input!

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
If you by the larger size of that cage it's wider. I'm sure they will do well in either size though.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
You are right, though. Larger is better. Even if they don't use the whole cage. I plan to let them out in the evenings as much as possible, but they have to spend all day in the cage. I don't have a bird room. I do want to be a good owner, and give them foraging opportunities and things like that to try to keep them busy.