• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Crown Conure babies

nm0710

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nicole
Question for the breeders! How much is a reasonable price for these baby birds (or a young bird under 1 year) who have already been sexed and a clean bill of health?

alicat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ali
Looking online I see them in the 700$ range from pet stores.
There's one near me actually!

nm0710

Real Name
Nicole
Looking online I see them in the 700$ range from pet stores.
There's one near me actually!

I managed to get a talking female who is just under a year old with the cage, toys and food for $650 today. I've just had second thoughts since I see sun conures going for $300ish. I was wondering if I spent waaaaaaay too much. She's an awesome bird so far but I think about it like omg I spent $650 today haha.

Tim

Avenue Veteran
Yeah, I think you got a heck of a deal for a Blue Crowned Conure. She's beautiful! And apparently they're pretty good talkers!

nm0710

Real Name
Nicole
Yeah, I think you got a heck of a deal for a Blue Crowned Conure. She's beautiful! And apparently they're pretty good talkers!
That makes me feel much better. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse but I know she was a good decision. She is one hell of a talker. She can say hello, what, yeah, she laughs and even purrs like a cat. She isn't like most conures either her little voice is crystal clear.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:congrats5:

Sun conures come in different prices too but a lot are rehomed.
It's good you got a cage as that costs too. She is young & talks...hope she is sweet & you have many happy years together.
It's a lot of money but I spent over $700 too as I had to buy a cage for my CBC. It's a lot to spend but if you factor it over the 20 30 years or more you will have the bird its not really much.

You can always get an idea of prices by looking at birds for sale at say bird breeders.com.

Blue Crown Conures for Sale

This is the woman I got my CBC from...she does a great job raising sweet babies...FYI
Blue Crown Conure #121810 for sale in East of Dallas (off of I 20) Lindale Tx, TX
Still you have to add shipping costs & a cage. so your price is fine

Last edited:

nm0710

Real Name
Nicole
:congrats5:

Sun conures come in different prices too but a lot are rehomed.
It's good you got a cage as that costs too. She is young & talks...hope she is sweet & you have many happy years together.
It's a lot of money but I spent over $700 too as I had to buy a cage for my CBC. It's a lot to spend but if you factor it over the 20 30 years or more you will have the bird its not really much.

You can always get an idea of prices by looking at birds for sale at say bird breeders.com.

Thank you! She is an avid talker too. I've wanted a bird for a little while now but only one who will talk. It's funny because I found her by complete accident. I keep telling myself that! It's a lot up front but I will have her for several years!

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Yeah I'd say you got a good price, everything you need 600$! :)
Glad to hear she's a good talker! She sounds like a delight

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've seen them ranging in price from $700 to $900. I think you did well when it comes to bird choice as well as price.

C.Harris

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chris Harris
Here on the west coast they typically go for about +/- $300 or so wholesale (if you can hand feed) up to about $650 retail, give or take. They are NICE birds, loud as heck but great talkers and often great pets. Unfortunately, before the import ban of 1992 many people weren't working with them because it was cheaper to import them than breed them. And then after the ban, people focused on birds like the Suns, which used to be fairly rare, and the less colorful and less prolific conures like the Blue Crowns, Duskys, etc virtually disappeared from many states. Even today you rarely see them even though they used to be one of the most common pet birds sold in pet stores. Anyways, I'm rambling now and should back away from the keyboard slowly. Great choice though :)

DamJanet

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vickie
I know this is an older post but I just got a baby blue crown for $300. The breeder sold him to me at his wholesale price since this baby and one other were supposed to go to another buyer but the buyer only had enough for 7 of the babies.

Chihuahua

The breeder i got gabby from sells babies for 600 but gabby was 300 because he was older and the breeder needed a female.

By the way... blue crowns are the best conure. I'm not biased at all.

Reactions: Tim

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I knew one years ago. Such a cool bird. I also like that the Blue Crowns are a little bigger than your average conure.

I think they make great companions.

It's been so long though since I seen one, I'm guessing the prices are pretty high these days for a bird that was once so common.

Chihuahua

It sucks that blue crowns have fallen out of favor so much. I have heard that they can be a bit skittish as gabby is and they have needle sharp beaks but they are great talkers and the right bcc could be a great first bird for a dedicated owner. Gabby is nippy however so for him at least it would need to be someone who understands that these are wild animals.

nm0710

Real Name
Nicole
I knew one years ago. Such a cool bird. I also like that the Blue Crowns are a little bigger than your average conure.

I think they make great companions.

It's been so long though since I seen one, I'm guessing the prices are pretty high these days for a bird that was once so common.

I've never seen a BCC for sale unless it's through a breeder or an independent pet shop. She is the best little bird! I got lucky and she really isn't that loud, she talks literally all day long. It beats screaming!

nm0710

Real Name
Nicole
It sucks that blue crowns have fallen out of favor so much. I have heard that they can be a bit skittish as gabby is and they have needle sharp beaks but they are great talkers and the right bcc could be a great first bird for a dedicated owner. Gabby is nippy however so for him at least it would need to be someone who understands that these are wild animals.

My Zazu is very skittish as well. She unfortunately wasn't handled much due to her cage aggression. If her cage is in sight, not a friendly bird..totally fine otherwise though. And you're so right, that beak is so sharp regardless of what I give her to chew on.. She also can be a bit nippy but like you said, they're a wild animal. Bcc make great little companions, I laugh way too much throughout the day!

Chihuahua

Yeah, the needle beak is just one of the quirks of the species. Some recommend filing it but i feel leaving them as natural as possible is best. Gabby was hand raised and had a pet owner but she sold him to a breeder and i bought him from that breeder, so while being kept like a breeder bird i think he became a little nervous. They are very sensitive birds and react strongly to changes like that.