• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage opinions?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
tuki is currently housed in the cockatiel version of the preview Hendryx cage. Bar spacing is about an inch. I want to upgrade him to a bigger cage this year or first of next year and I was curious what everyone thought? He's going to have a tail that's just about as long as his actual body and this cage isn't permanent. Obviously I want as big as possible with the right bar spacing. Stainless steel is out of my price range currently, especially with the possible addition of another fid. Tuki will be getting one later on after the addition of our house is complete though.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
What's your budget?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
budget is no more than $500 currently. That may change but as of right now, that's where it stands. Thanks for the options! I'm going to go over them with my hubby tonight and see what we can do

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
The one that tuki currently is in has a playtop, that's one reason why we bought it. If we decided on other cages, what's the best thing we can do for a playtop?

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
You could buy a perch that is attachable to the top of the cage as an alternative to a playtop. :)

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I have a hook already installed in the ceiling above his current cage that I could hook a boing to and maybe hang some toys off of that? as a play gym instead? If anyone has any ideas/pictures/creativity it is greatly appreciated. Tuki is not much of a chewer, one wooden block has lasted him 3 months on one toy full of blocks. He's just happier sitting on his perch, content and preening his beautiful self :xflove:

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I have a hook already installed in the ceiling above his current cage that I could hook a boing to and maybe hang some toys off of that? as a play gym instead? If anyone has any ideas/pictures/creativity it is greatly appreciated. Tuki is not much of a chewer, one wooden block has lasted him 3 months on one toy full of blocks. He's just happier sitting on his perch, content and preening his beautiful self :xflove:
This is what I have set up for my tiels -

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
They say bigger is better..

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
Mine is a ferret cage..my son had the same. .no issues. Preview ferret type

txdyna65