• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Weird poops?

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
It's probably a really silly question but for the past day or two Peppers poops have been different, much more watery and light greenish in color. They also seem to be getting bigger. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm not sure what the white is, if it's bubbles they're too small to be identified as bubbles. The only new thing added to his diet is pellets so that could be the reason, any thoughts?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
The pellets can change the color of the droppings, esp. If they are colored pellets. Is he drinking a bit more water? Did the change happen right after you changed his diet? That could very likely be the culprit, but if in doubt, you might want to get a gram stain done.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are they all more watery or just some? Tiels dropping can get more watery when they get excited. For instance, Sunny always has some watery poops in the morning because he's excited to get out of his cage, etc.

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
All are more watery, they are not excited poops. The change happened a day or two after I switched his food, that's why I'm so confused. The pellets are not colored as well. I haven't yesterday he did drink a little more than normal but today I think he drank the normal amount.

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
I also forgot to add his diet wasn't completely turned over, I still put seeds in his pellets. Not nearly as much but he still gets the same kinds of seeds.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I still have a feeling it's the diet. I have heard some people say pellets make their birds drink more water, however one of my birds droppings got more watery after I added some seeds to his diet. Seeds make him more thirsty. (Just him, not the other bird I had changed diets on at the time.) The color looks okay to me, but only you know what's best for your birdie.