• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Addition to our Family (Severe Macaw)

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Congrats!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Play with toys with him. Or, better yet, pretend he can't have it.

mstomcat65

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marti
It's been a little over 2 weeks now and I do believe I am his picked person lol. He does very good when I ask (or tell) him to step up. He is starting to say a few words but I'm sure more will come when he's totally comfortable here. He is feeling pretty comfortable also with his new cage... toys are still evil but I made him some foot toys that he is starting to at least beak and feel them. The pic that I'm putting a link here for is about day 3 or 4 here. He loves to preen now and has let me rub some of the new pin feathers that are coming in :)

thumbnail_IMG_0486_zpspjrs4lys.jpg Photo by mstomcat1965 | Photobucket

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That pic is so sweet :swoon:

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
What a beautiful boy! Congratulations!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Gizmo is very very handsome.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on your Gizmo, he is adorable and appears very comfortable with you.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:congrats5:

mstomcat65

Real Name
Marti
Thanks everyone ☺ we are having severe weather tonight and there was a tornado on the ground here in st cloud. He did pretty good with having to be in a closet with me for a half hour ☺

Amillio

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I give my CAG each half a walnut a day. I hide little pieces of it throughout their foraging toys. I do have to crack the walnut for them to eat it. They will crack almonds tho. My first grey came to me at five and she grew up with only one toy in her cage. She still dosnt care too much for toys but she will shred and she loves to forage. She is very food drivin. She has like six foraging toys in her cage that keep her entertained. She also love those bird bagels.

mstomcat65

Real Name
Marti
I've been looking at the foraging toys and thinking i may try one for him after I figure out what motivates him. He's still adjusting here and he doesn't have a favorite food. He does love to shred rolled up paper ☺

Amillio

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I've been looking at the foraging toys and thinking i may try one for him after I figure out what motivates him. He's still adjusting here and he doesn't have a favorite food. He does love to shred rolled up paper ☺
I stuff a couple of my greys foraging toys with crumbled up pages from the phone book. She loves it.

mstomcat65

Real Name
Marti
I stuff a couple of my greys foraging toys with crumbled up pages from the phone book. She loves it.

Hmmm, where to find an old phone book lol I haven't seen one for a few years. I may need to ask some of my neighbors

Amillio

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Hmmm, where to find an old phone book lol I haven't seen one for a few years. I may need to ask some of my neighbors
I get one at my door every year.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes but they are mini-books compared to the old ones. If you live in an area that has a Senior citizens center and a library print up a flyer asking for any phone books. I got several for an AA member by posting @ work. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at what you get.

Amillio

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Yes but they are mini-books compared to the old ones. If you live in an area that has a Senior citizens center and a library print up a flyer asking for any phone books. I got several for an AA member by posting @ work. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at what you get.
Good idea.