• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Trouble/rant.

Tommymarshall

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So today I realized something, I have way way more pictures of my birds than I do of my human kids.
I'm thinking that AA is like a classy Facebook for people that would prefer to love, like and just know that negativity and animosity is only a means to bring you down.
So to this I say thanks for being you in all your bird, non feathered crazy loving counterparts.
I'm not going to get down on dogs, but someone asked me the other day if I wanted a good pet well why wouldn't I go with a smart pet like a dog *snicker*. I stayed cool calm and collected and said if dogs are so smart why can't my dog talk? (Granted my conure cannot talk, and probably will never, not very vocal)
I can already tell that my baby conure runs the house, the dog the teil. That being said the teil is not dumb. The teil runs the dog too, it's just a pecking order. Haha.
So that was a rant. Anyways Marshall got his new harness today so he got a lot more time outside. Like 5 hours so far. Tommy (teil) was out all day too. They love it. And now a question. Marshall (pin. Conu.) just started scratching like a mo fo. Last 3 days, is there a reason?

Have a positive day!

Attachments

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Some people don't understand why we bird lovers love birds. I chuckled at the "a smart pet like a dog" comment. People sure do think that birds are... well, birdbrains:hehe:

May I ask how long it took to harness train Marshall and what your process is? Ive been trying for a couple months now and they'll get their heads through but then get scared and start trying to pull it out. So far echo wore the harness but the minute she was in it she panicked.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL. My fiancé came to my office the other day and got annoyed that my screen saver slideshow on my computer is mainly pictures of Sunny. He said- do you have ANY pictures of me? (I do, but then realized that Sunny pics probably outnumber his about 5 to 1. :o:)

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Dogs schmogs.... I love dogs. But birds rock!

by the way, how did you train on harness in one day? Or did I misunderstand? Good for you!

Tommymarshall

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Haha. Thanks I'm not alone. Kid pics are difinitively 10:1. Tommy the teil took a week. It was my bird whisperer kid! my conure that is 4 months old docile as eff bomb, I just let him lay down in my hand, and I slipped it on. I don't understand the connection we have, but it's like he can read my mind, or I have a hell of a lot of tells. It was all from the breader for him.

For you, it's patience, baths, and a lot of treats. (We all just wore it around our neck, like he was on our shoulder. The harness, someone always had it on, bird on or not. And always had spray for the teil.

But my advice is what we do. The kids(birds) are out all day. They get showers in the morning with my son or myself. (Water oh my do they come running!) they are outside with us 75% of the time we are out, in the summer. They are spoiled. Please don't take that as condisention it's just often cohabitation and being outside is criticized.

Heather F

That's so sweet that he just took to the harness right away for you, what a special little dude... :xflove:

As for why he's scratching, if he's 4 months old he could be starting to head into his first molt. My Frodo was about that age when he started his.

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
Several of my friends understood after meeting Joey. They thought it was amazing that he was so affectionate and tame. Other friends still don't get it. And all of that is fine -- Joey and i are happy, and that's all that matters to me.

Tommymarshall

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Yeah I get the bond, I was at a party of 6. I brought Marshall to show off. I ran to the bathroom and left him with a friend... Great with both our birds. He jumped shoulder to shoulder then he flew to my feet. As he is clipped so he can only fly 15 ft.
It's pretty amazing how close we are after so little time.