• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Backyard babies

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
We have a pair of Black Capped Chickadees in the birdhouse in my backyard that are currently brooding. One of the pair will stay in the house while the other gets food and when it gets back, it sits on the branch just outside of the birdhouse and whistles. The bird in the house then flies out and the one that whistled flies in. This goes on all day. Anyone else have backyard babies right now?

Black Capped Chickadee ( linked photo, not mine)

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
Hehe we have a baby pigeon! I saw the little one on top of our shed with his mum who scanns our yard and eats my dogs food when she's not looking!

ChromeScholar

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
Beautiful shot!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have a little bird house in the front garden which I'm watching. Last year a pair of wrens nested in it and they were adorable. Haven't seen any signs of life yet.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
We have two nests on the front porch right now, but so far I haven't seen any babies. I'm thinking the one nest may be abandoned. And we also found egg shells in the back yard that look hatched- not broken- but we can't find the nest....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have a little bird house in the front garden which I'm watching. Last year a pair of wrens nested in it and they were adorable. Haven't seen any signs of life yet.
Wrens are my parents' favorite wild birds. My dad builds bird houses just for them- small enough so the other birds can't go in.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
This bird house is a man-made one I bought at a garden club/craft fair last year and it was built for tiny birds like wrens. I watched sparrows trying it out and they couldn't get in. Loved watching the wrens and the babies so much, I do hope they come back or someone else moves in.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
my sister has nest of wrens in her backyard, they sure BUSY flitting around getting food.

Parrotsrpeeple

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josh
My neighbor had a nest on her swingset. She saw the eggs wiggle and we saw birth of what I'm pretty sure are cardinals