• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odin is a fatty!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Odin is putting on weight, so it's time to make him work for his food. Would it be ok to only leave him with his chop all day then goldenfeast at night? Now, he has access to both all day and millet. (All the birds have this set up)
Can anyone suggest a better way to feed my wee nuggets.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How much does Odin weigh? Instead of taking away the goldenfeast, I would maybe take away the millet and only give it a few times a week. I give it to Sunny everyday to help him keep his weight up. But that's what I would stop giving full access too. And does your mix have sunflower seeds? A few are fine but if it has a lot I would pick some of them out. (I'm not familiar with the goldenfeast mix.) And is Odin flighted? If so, can you encourage him to fly more? One of the best ways for a tiel to stay slim is being an active tiel. :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I had to cut down on the millet here, because Fallon was a fat girl, increasing the fresh green foods, she went from 108 gram's to 101 grams in 2 weeks. We're still " dieting" over here.:p

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yes, millet is just used for training at our house, no reason they need it all the time. Little piggy Odin!:xflove:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yup, millet has high calories. The goldenfeast blends have enough type of seeds so no extra seeds are needed. To keep portions under control, snip your millet spray into small pieces, and offer a piece at a time to your small bird instead of one large millet.

My female Linnie is getting fat because her mate Kobi keeps on feeding her! Cant separate them because they would scream all day long.