• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sense is home

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
We actually took him home Tuesday but I've been way too lazy to post :lol: Anyway, he's improved greatly. The second we got him out of the store his anxiety and stress went from a 10 to a 3 and when he got settled in the car, it went all the way down to a curious 1. His body completely untensed and his eyes were calm and not darting around. When he got home I set him up on his perch and he ate a little. At one point I think he must've gotten really tired because he just sat there with his eyes closed doing the grey chest quiver and beak grinding. I've learned that he doesn't like when you touch his cage, it's not exactly cage bound because he's calm unless you are actually physically touching the cage, I guess it's just very tempting to bite at stray fingers. I think they didn't handle his bluffing the right way, his first instinct to fingers is to put it in his beak and chomp down. We got all of the birds (including Sense) a vet checkup, all came back with a clean bill of health so Yesterday (which was Wednesday) we decided to let Ace and him meet again (the quarantine had ended before it started anyways). Ace immediately went over to him and was giving him kisses and preening him, a lot, like more than necessary. Sense tolerated the preening for a while and at one point he snapped and yelled at Ace, Ace went to timeout away from Sense. All in all he's calmer and the few issues he has I can work with.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad things are going well. :)

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Congratulations.

You are sure going to have your hands full when all those babies grow up... :wacky:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
And, pray tell, :pinklol2: where are the photos ???? :needpics:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew