• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it enough?

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
My new boy Snow is a lone budgie. I got him from a man who "just wanted to be rid of him" So he is now part of my odd flock, a cockatiel a cockatoo and him.
I am really worried that he may be lonely, but is the residual noise enough? He is in a room with the other two. They all squack and squeek and cheep together. But should he have a buddy?
I know I worry a lot (yes @JLcribber this means you! LOL)
Is he ok just having the other two in the same room? Or should I invest in a friend?

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Budgies tend to be very social and very accepting. I would get him a friend, personally :)

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Ok thank you. I will call a local guy who has birds. Maybe he has a male that would be good for Snow. Thank you. I really worry! And Odin and Boo are out more than Snow is

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I agree with Jaguar, get the little guy a friend! Budgies are extremely social and I know he'd love another budgie buddy. Every fid parent worries, sweetie, it's ok! I constantly worry about my tuki man because he was surrounded by constant birds and he's the only one in my house currently.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think he would like a friend too. :)

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
I would get him a budgie buddy

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Ok, so the local birders I know don't have any. I hate to, but I will stop at the pet shop on my way home and see what they have.

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
If he's tame and you can give him daily attention, he's probably ok - especially if he can enjoy some out of cage time with the cockatiel, depending on how they get along of course.
If he's not tame now, he will probably be much happier with another budgie friend, but will be harder to tame once you get another budgie. Still, if you work with them during the quarantine time, you can tame them a bit before you introduce them.

Catarina

Strolling the yard
Budgies are also quite interspecies accepting so he may bond with your other birds and be ok as the smallest of the flock :D
Good luck