• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time well spent

GreenGoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sherry
How much time do you spend with your quaker on a daily basis?

How much time out of the cage does your bird get?

wasabismom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nicole
My quaker gets about a hour out of cage time on weekdays and more like 2 on the weekends. She gets to fly around my lanai. I also let her ride my shoulder for about 20 minutes a day while in the morning getting ready. We have a routine. On the weekends even tho she has more time to fly around she gets cranky because it's not are everyday routine. I also have her in a flight cage with lots of toys and she has a sun lamp.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph gets up to two hours out of his cage every day. It's been slightly less since the arrival of the CAG that I took in a month ago. When Ralph is out, he wants to be with me, or perched on me. The amount of time I spend with both parrots depends on what else I have to do; some days are busier than others, but they both get my undivided attention as much as possible every day. They're happy to have me just sit by their cages and talk with them.

GreenGoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks for your responses.
I know my schedule for the next few years will be far from routine. But I hope to spend at least an hour a day with my guy/gal.