• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hyacinth Macaw Ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The macaw is gorgeous but the $200 for a Hyacinth just seems off to me. I hope this is a legitimate posting by the seller.

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Probably. But I've had someone in my city give away their cockatoo for free with a cage. I was going to bring him home but I suspected something (medically) was wrong.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
One of my friends once got a cockatoo for free along with her cage. With the selling price of Hyacinths, though, the $200 price is very suspect. The posting has been up for 15 days.

Valentino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Teri
A $10k bird... this seems too good to be true. Either a scam or someone is about to get VERY lucky and should probably go buy a lottery ticket while they're out lol :)

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
seen this beauty on Craigslist. It's only $200 and comes with everything. Worried a flipper might snatch it up.

Fosters needed: MACAWhaving to rehouse
Don't worry, flippers will recognize it in a heart beat as far as being a scam. Just look at the title, you don't 'foster' yet charge a 200 fee and what about 'having to rehouse'

Last edited by a moderator:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Scammers are getting smarter.... some have started taking pictures from videos posted on Youtube or other places so you can't search the web to see if the image has been used elsewhere, therefore making it harder to confirm whether or not it's a scam. Some are even going as far as taking information from a legit ad and using it as their own so it doesn't sound so scammy, but once you actually speak to them, everything sends red flags!

tracey polito

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Scammers even had me fooled when I was trying to get a hyacin three times :-( well what can I say ? Lessons learned :-(

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
If it too good to be true, Then its probably is.

tracey polito

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hopefully you did not lose any money.
Unfortunately I did loose money all three times back when I was nieve to the scammers of the internet world lesson learned maybe one day I will find one in canada :)

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Unfortunately I did loose money all three times back when I was nieve to the scammers of the internet world lesson learned maybe one day I will find one in canada :)
Sorry that you lost your hard earned $$$ to the scum bags. Best thing to do if an ad you come across has you wondering if it is real or not is to have an email address that is set up and used for only something like this, think of it as a 'test site' where if you have a real crazy who starts sending or sharing your address and you get a lot of stuffs you wish you would not get, you can just delete/stop using that address.

Once you have that a/c set up, ask specific questions such as who the breeder was, what the little ones favorite toys are, questions that a REAL owner would be more than happy to answer. A scammer will reply back with a form letter that they can copy and past easily because they are not going to sit there and answer a lot of questions. That letter will more than likely tell you they still have the bird, how they have to move out of the country, they will 'only' need $$$ for shipping the bird to you, want your address and/or other info to get the bird to you but NOT ONE of your own questions will be answered. If you add a sentence on there to the effect that if they are scammers I tell them to don't bother wasting my time or theirs which is effective.

Hyacinths in Canada are very far and few between but several years back there was one that was looking for a new home so keep the faith.

tracey polito

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Sorry that you lost your hard earned $$$ to the scum bags. Best thing to do if an ad you come across has you wondering if it is real or not is to have an email address that is set up and used for only something like this, think of it as a 'test site' where if you have a real crazy who starts sending or sharing your address and you get a lot of stuffs you wish you would not get, you can just delete/stop using that address.

Once you have that a/c set up, ask specific questions such as who the breeder was, what the little ones favorite toys are, questions that a REAL owner would be more than happy to answer. A scammer will reply back with a form letter that they can copy and past easily because they are not going to sit there and answer a lot of questions. That letter will more than likely tell you they still have the bird, how they have to move out of the country, they will 'only' need $$$ for shipping the bird to you, want your address and/or other info to get the bird to you but NOT ONE of your own questions will be answered. If you add a sentence on there to the effect that if they are scammers I tell them to don't bother wasting my time or theirs which is effective.

Hyacinths in Canada are very far and few between but several years back there was one that was looking for a new home so keep the faith.
Dont worry one thing I didn't do is give my full name or credit information and I have faith that someday I will be there when one needs a new owner due to life changes or aging owner as I do have macaws so I have the exsperiance and of course all the love and patience required and hopefully the right people will know that I treat my birds as part of the family and will be with me and my family for life <3 I know one day I will have one or two hyacinth as members of our family flock thankyou for the vote of confidence :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
the page is gone from Craig'slist

Status
Not open for further replies.