• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Omg the flying -

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
So I thought it would take a while for the new feathers to come in after the clipped ones to fall out but apparently not. Rio is a flying fool. I set up a hanging gym outside the bird room and when in that area I will leave the door open and she flies back and forth between the two rooms. Upstairs rio flies from the play gym to the dinner table to the play gym - just cause she can. She no longer wants to step up so I will leave her and take popper and she flies out to me. I obviously need to reinforce step up more.

Time for screen doors!!!!!!

Ziggy Stardust

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jodie Reed
That sounds great! Sounds like Rio is being a typical birdie. Loving to exercise the wings. BTW, I love your saying in the box about "crazy" bird people. That's so perfect! Love hearing about Rio and Popper. For a newbie bird owner, you seem like a natural.

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
That sounds great! Sounds like Rio is being a typical birdie. Loving to exercise the wings. BTW, I love your saying in the box about "crazy" bird people. That's so perfect! Love hearing about Rio and Popper. For a newbie bird owner, you seem like a natural.
I'm very happy with her flying. Not as happy with her biting.