• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LF: Handfed Female Pionus

Beakerz

Meeting neighbors
Hello,

I am looking to get a handfed female pionus baby. I would prefer a Maxi or Blue-Head. I'm having a hard time finding a breeder. I've looked on birdbreeder and hoobly but I'm not sure I trust these places. I'd prefer to go with a breeder that someone here has already got a baby from so I can be sure the breeder is reputable. I am located in Northern Arizona. I am willing to travel up to 5 hours but will also accept a bird be shipped, if it is safe during this time of year. I do have bird experience: budgies, cockatiels, GCC and CAG.

Thanks!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Welcome.
I love BH pionus too.

I was checking them out & they are hard to find. Not sure if its the season yet.
Didn't see any babies for deposit available anywhere.

PamperedPeeps in AZ used to breed them but don't think they do anymore.
They were breeding crimson bellied. Anyway last I checked
they had not even advertised any birds for 2015. I read that someone was sick so they are not updating the site.
I really hope everyone is well as they are such a nice family.

Birdbreeders can be OK. I guess you have to be careful wherever you look.

Good Luck

Beakerz

Meeting neighbors
I also found some available in Hawaii. Nice thing is that shipping is only $100 since HI doesn't require them to ship with special papers.
Untitled Page

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Place looks nice. I think United recently up'd the prices. I checked Uniteds website & they listed $189
Could be wrong though as it was $100 back in 2014.

See they have Crimson bellied too.

Really wanted a BH pionus too but they are more costly. I still look but I think its best I have only 1 bird.

Good Luck