• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging Toys

CockatielCrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dylan Mc Bride
Hi I have two cockatiels,and their toys have gotten a bit old looking and worn and I'd like to get them some new toys,especially foraging toys so they're long lasting.I was hoping to get acrylic toys as they are long lasting so what would you recommend for beginners to foraging? I don't want something too big and intimidating but not too difficult to figure out either.Thanks for any replies.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi

CockatielCrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dylan Mc Bride
Thank you for the reply! They look like great toys and I'll definitely look into buying them.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I make my own forging toys, coffee filters, raffia, popsicle sticks, confetti, construction paper.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The best foraging toys I've found so far for my two lovebirds have just been little paper bags that I half fill with various things. Finger traps, balsa, cardboard, seed pods and some dry mix. My birds LOVE it. Ani gets a plastic box that bolts to the cage filled with similar things as well. He goes nuts for it now that he's figured it out. Really, you can start as simple as putting shredded paper over their dry food. I haven't tried anything more complicated yet, but I'm waiting on some new foraging toys to arrive this week to test out.

CockatielCrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dylan Mc Bride
Thank you I love the idea of covering the feeder with paper. I'll definitely try a few of those ideas.