• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moving

IzzyBizzy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Liz
So my family is moving, and I want to make sure all the birds are comfortable during it. So I really want to know how to keep them relaxed, and safe while this happens.

Also how to keep the possible buyers from annoying the birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'd put up signs on their cages saying "don't touch, I bite" :p

For the birds, you can give them some chamomile water (brew chamomile tea, dilute by half) to help keep them less stressed.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
More info? Are you driving? How far? Are you asking how to transport them?

I second the signs to discourage prospective buyers from bugging them. I would also tell your realtor to be with them and not allow them near the birds (that's what I did with mine).

IzzyBizzy

Real Name
Liz
I'd put up signs on their cages saying "don't touch, I bite" :p

For the birds, you can give them some chamomile water (brew chamomile tea, dilute by half) to help keep them less stressed.
Yes I was going to put up a sign, and I'll try the tea water.

More info? Are you driving? How far? Are you asking how to transport them?

I second the signs to discourage prospective buyers from bugging them. I would also tell your realtor to be with them and not allow them near the birds (that's what I did with mine).
It's only about 20 minutes away, from where we are currently living. I'd be driving them in my car with their cages as well. I think they'd be freaking out more, because I have to clean stuff off/out to show how "large" my small room is.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's good, at least it's not far. You could just try to keep them away from where the people poking around your old place would want to be (not too near a closet or a bathroom door).

IzzyBizzy

Real Name
Liz
That's good, at least it's not far. You could just try to keep them away from where the people poking around your old place would want to be (not too near a closet or a bathroom door).

Sadly my room is too small to move them, and they are right next to the closet. :(