• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebird talk

Vix

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Victoria
Was just wondering if anyone here still chats about mousebirds? Would like to follow them and chat now and then so as to learn from each other...

Vix

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Victoria
These 2 are frenemies and although it isn't possible to classify them as male by sight, I think I have identified them by behaviour. They are very jealous of each other and sometimes aggressive toward one another. The other day the dove did a coo dance in front of my face and proceeded to jump on my head and do something funny for a few secs. Correct me of I'm wrong but I think it is a he...do females do anything similar? The mousebird wants to pluck his feathers out and bites quite hard and the dove also does the wing slapping thing...however I think the dove may be an early bloomer as he is only about 3 months old...? I names the dove Duck and the mousebird I mostly call Cheekyness

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Hi there and Welcome :marlenesmile: Cheekyness & Duck are so cute. I have 4 mousebirds, Tweety, Click, Coco & Chicken. 2 males and 2 females and they keep me busy. I have found my 2 males can be quite aggressive towards other birds of different species, jumping, biting and trying to pull their feathers out. My females are much more laid back & nothing seems to bother them much.

I am around most of the time if you have any questions or want a mousebird chat :lol:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 224369 my mousebird turned out to be a Red face mousebird. He is cute. Love to sit on plant next to cage.
Tried but could not view attachment. Upload the photo into a post. Would like to see your mousebird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your mousebird is VERY cute. What is his name?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wonderful photos!! Such a pretty bird.

Alet

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alet
I called baby when he was so small. He fell from a tree when he was very small and I safed him from ants.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I called baby when he was so small. He fell from a tree when he was very small and I safed him from ants.
Thank you for taking him in and raising him.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle