• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormones... Sigh.

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Life with a hormonal M2. "I MUST be with you, but then I will get all wound up for no discernible reason and bite you. " Thank goodness Pooka doesn't 'get the hormones' as badly as Zuni. Zuni is a freakin' menace, and he's a wimp at heart. Pooka is fierce and would probably grow huge and turn green like the Incredible Hulk.

So glad I'm off to Florida tomorrow for 6 days! Jim can stay home and deal with them. He threw his back out last week and they gave him valium. I told him he can take it himself, but he's not allowed to give it to Zuni and Rocky.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Well, I guess the good news is spring and warmer weather are on the way! So, you put the idea in Jim's head, now you might come back to drugged up cockatoos!:rofl:

noice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Anna
Hormonal cockatoos are a force to be reckoned with :imok:I hope you find your husband with a (mostly) sound mind when you get back :p

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
This is the way conversations go around my house.

Jim: "Why is Zuni in his cage?"

Me: "Because he's psycho and was posturing and trying to bite my face."

Jim: "oogie boogie, sweet little Zuni would never do that" (and other gibberish)

Me: "He's bad enough when you're not around. Now he's going to get really nuts. I'm going in the other room."

Jim: "Zu-boo LOVES his momma." (and other gibberish)

Jim (5 minutes later): "Ow! WTF, Zuni!! Don't bite."

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Life with a hormonal M2. "I MUST be with you, but then I will get all wound up for no discernible reason and bite you. "
Milty's been like this for the last couple of days. I attributed that to me getting rid of the small cast on my wrist, but maybe the hormones have something to do with it, also. His body language does convey something's up.
Anyway, I know Jim will hold down the fort...enjoy your time in Florida...:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Sure. Run like a chicken. :D

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
The first year I had Elima (she was about 7 or 8 at the time) she had a couple full on attack freakouts but she's been much better in the years since and I've figure out what not to do if the hormones rage. Topper just gets cuddlier and screams more but doesn't get aggressive (with me anyway). Elima on the other hand tends to get slutty with any toy she can get to assume the position :p and when you catch her at it she looks at you like "hey what'cha looking at?"