• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is she going to survive? Sad Update Post #28

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

So sorry for your loss. You got her to the vet so you did all you could do to help her.
I guess you still really don't know what she died of? I hope it is not contagious & your other birds will be OK.

I hope you will find comfort in your flock who need your love & knowing that she was loved.

Fly high sweet Sunny.

:sad7:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Unfortunately loss is just one of the things we have to go through as pet owners. It hurts, and you will go through it many more times.

I seriously hope not!

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
Guys I would've loved to bring good news today but earlier today Sunny suddenly passed away. This hurts me a lot and I'm currently in so much pain just writing this, like she was showing signs of recovery before I left for school and my sister made sure to keep an eye on her for the rest of the day. I couldn't stop crying when I found out and I'm actually thinking about giving away all the other birds because if they ever get sick it's too painful for me to watch them die
Oh, I'm so sorry about your little Sunny.
I understand how you feel - it is terribly hard to lose a pet. But over time the pain will fade and you will remember the joy that Sunny brought into your life and it will carry you forth to new pets and more love. Many hugs to you.

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Catarina

Strolling the yard
So sorry for your loss :(
The pain can be bigger than most people outside bird lovers can understand...
Don't make any decisions on a broken heart that you may regret :( your birds friends are so lucky to have you.:sadhug:

MotherofBirds

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Em
About a week or two after Sunny passed away, her best friend Blizz also sadly passed away. With mostly the same symptoms except for the vomitting. It was an extremely painful time for me and my sister who loved both of them so much, I held him as he died and spoke to him while I cried, it took about 54 minutes before he finally gave in. I don't know what it was that killed them and never will, whatever it was kills them immediately after showing signs. I assumed it was contagious and have been keeping an eye on my 'tiel and rainbow lorikeet just in case, it's been a while and they both seem fine but I get worried sick and my heart leaps everytime my 'tiel fluffs up and doesn't sing like she usually does

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

two budgies dying within a week or two is suspicious. You really should have had a necropsy done with the 2nd bird. Too late now.
I really hope its not contagious & your other birds are OK.

MotherofBirds

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Em
@camelotshadow yes I know I should have, but I'd have felt really bad and I just wented to respect his body and lay him to rest beside his friend, you know? But it would have put me at ease knowing to be honest

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for the loss of your other budgie as well.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i am very sorry for your loss off 2 birds :sadhug2::sadhug2:

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award