• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Daphne, almost 4 months

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
We could have a meet-up when you go to pick up your little one. Between all of us, I live the closest to Barb.
Though I'd love to meet Daphne (and of course Matthew) I'd hate ruin that special fid & dad meeting and bonding moment. I'm sure that Matthew will flood us with photos once he and Daphne get home (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, ;);)).

Plus I'd probably have to take off work which I can't do for the next couple of months. :(

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Though I'd love to meet Daphne (and of course Matthew) I'd hate ruin that special fid & dad meeting and bonding moment. I'm sure that Matthew will flood us with photos once he and Daphne get home (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, ;);)).

Plus I'd probably have to take off work which I can't do for the next couple of months. :(

Yes, I think that's best. Thanks, @SandraK ! I will bombard you with pix and stories. :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so blessed to be getting her!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She is absolutely stunning.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
She is so beautiful!!! :heart:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I assume you will be driving to pick her up. Just an FYI, don't buy gas in Illinois. Prices are a lot higher. Not sure where in Ohio you will be coming from but the truck stop on 80/94 exit 6 there is a Pilot truck stop or if you are coming up on 65 there is a Speedway on the East side at exit 255

alicat

Real Name
Ali
She's soooo gorgeous!
Love the first picture!!

I wish I knew someone with a Macaw so I could be around them more, they really are glorious birds!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I assume you will be driving to pick her up. Just an FYI, don't buy gas in Illinois. Prices are a lot higher. Not sure where in Ohio you will be coming from but the truck stop on 80/94 exit 6 there is a Pilot truck stop or if you are coming up on 65 there is a Speedway on the East side at exit 255
Actually the gas prices in Illinois aren't that bad right now - Average U.S. Gas Prices May Remain Low this Winter | AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report We're at the low end of gas pricing, believe it or not. Unless I'm reading that pricing map wrong.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Actually the gas prices in Illinois aren't that bad right now - Average U.S. Gas Prices May Remain Low this Winter | AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report We're at the low end of gas pricing, believe it or not. Unless I'm reading that pricing map wrong.
Isn't it great how much they have come down? I am thrilled. Wonder just how much longer it will stay that way.

When I was out yesterday I saw what the prices were and went onto the internet and looked for the places that I would get gas when out that way in Indiana knowing it is always lower so I though I would mention that. No need to pay 0.20 cents more a gallon when you don't have to.