• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet Cracker

Brandon's-Fids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Brandon
I forgot I never introduce Cracker to you all she is a Fiery shouldered conure and is around 2 years old.She used to hate me and bit my neck on Halloween lol but now she likes me and was on my shoulder eating strawberries on Saturday and then just kept on wanting to be with me that night.Cracker is my Aunts bird she comes to visit every Saturday and she also had a Male parrotlet named Wasabi but rehomed him as he didnt get along with Cracker and he was always getting lost for his small size and my Aunt worried one day he might get hurt well now Wasabi is living in a large cage with other Parrotlets.Back to Cracker, she is very cuddly although dosent let me touch her yet and she loves her daddy more lol she can also be a bully sometimes and once had Rocko in the vet as she bit his stomach and it got infected and Rocko was back to health a few weeks later and now I watch them very closely and try to keep them away from each other but she has been very good for weeks up until last Saturday she had a Strawberry date on top of Tiko's cage with Mango then decided she wants it all to herself so kept on chasing Mango off the cage.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Cracker is very beautiful. :xflove:
Glad Rocko is okay after that bite, must have been a scary experience for you.
:wideyed:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Cracker is adorable! :heart:

Brandon's-Fids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Brandon
Cracker is very beautiful. :xflove:
Glad Rocko is okay after that bite, must have been a scary experience for you.
:wideyed:
Very scary I was on the forum TalkCockatiels at the time and everyone was telling me he is gonna die which made me more scared.The vet was very kind and took care of him.

Solayan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Most of what I've read suggests that the little conures (genus pyrrhura) are all relatively similar in temperament, volume etc. and that most variations come down to the individual bird.

Having said that we've found Mango to be very different in behaviour and attitude to Frodo (our GCC), and I'm not sure how much of it is because she's a blue throated conure, and how much of it is because she's Mango. There just aren't enough of her species in the pet trade to be able to find a lot of info on species-wide traits and behaviour in captivity.

By the way, Cracker is adorable. I love fiery shouldered conures. :heart: