• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight suits and lovebirds

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
Gem has learnt to touch the harness on command and will let me stroke her with it while she's distracted and eating some treats. She's still not wholeheartedly comfortable with it yet though she seems to be warming up. Still a while yet before I can try to put it on her but we're making progress. :D

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I decided to purchase myself one last week for Luna. Ended up getting two different styles that were relatively well priced. One is a lightweight leather harness, the other is a flight suit from Avian Fashions. Waiting somewhat impatiently, haha.

Brandon's-Fids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Brandon
What I did with the Flight suit was leave it on the cage each day and Rocko soon got used to it and wasnt scared of it and then he would let me touch him with it and then put it on and now when he wears it he never bites it and loves going out to public places.

JaclynBin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
We've gotten to a point where she's used to the suit touching her and doesn't mind it around so much - though I'm still hesitant to put it on her as I've yet to think of a way to make the experience exceptionally rewarding for her.
She'll support it on top of her for short bursts of time, though, if she's distracted by some delicious millet.

image.jpeg

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
How is it going?

JaclynBin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
How is it going?
After many months of rewarding her for even going near the thing, I was still really hesitant to hold Gem down and put her in it. I'm sure she wouldn't be too horrified by the act of wearing it, but being pinned down would truly offend her and incur her wrath. In the end, I've still got it hanging around but while Gem is still spry and buzzing with energy, I doubt I'll be able to keep her still long enough to get her in it - it was worth a try though :D