• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is way to cute not to share!

lesliekiki

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leslie
The videos of Pebbles break my heart! He must of been cursed and yelled at.... He seems so frustrated... Thank you to the nice guy who is taking care of him! Poor little thing. One thing for sure from watching different cockatoo videos on this site is I could never handle one of these birds. Wish more people knew what they were getting themselves into!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
So sad that he experienced an atmosphere that led to him picking up that language and energy.

If they want to extinguish that behavior, going up to the cage, talking to him/her, and laughing, albeit nervously/uncomfortably, just reinforces it, IMO.

It would be great to see Pebble in the future overloading with a different repertoire. Sad.

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That must have been one heck of an unhappy home she came from. My cockatoos don't pick up words unless they are repeated often. Sounds like she heard a lot of arguing and lack of respect in her previous home. Looks like she's got it better now. Although I noticed her keeper is showing proper respect for the beak in the first videos by not doing anything hands on while she's all wound up. She is a beautiful bird though.

rompydompy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Natalie
Hopefully the previous owner just watched a lot of Jerry Springer.... She sure is cute!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Moluccans are very majestic and too much bird for me. I always say that even if I hit the lottery and was home with my flock, I don't think I could keep one happy. Very complicated, complex beings.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Such a shame. A beautiful bird like that, I'm sure someone yelled at her daily, someone with no patience for that poor bird. Glad she's learning better habits. :(