• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My pvc play gym is finished!!

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
It took two days, but it was actually quite fun! Emma and Ellie really love it, but Nala needs some time to get used to it.
Very very nice! They seem to be enjoying it. :)

Mine is in progress and am still looking for a safe rope to make a climbing net. I got some vet wraps today to wrap on the pipes.

Bird-Mom

Walking the driveway
I chose not to use vet wrap just incase they try to eat it, my birds love to chew and shred their perches. I was going to use cotton rope, but I could only find ones mixed with nylon so I just wrapped it all in jute twine. They seem to like the feel of it. You should post pictures of yours when you're done! :)

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I chose not to use vet wrap just incase they try to eat it, my birds love to chew and shred their perches. I was going to use cotton rope, but I could only find ones mixed with nylon so I just wrapped it all in jute twine. They seem to like the feel of it. You should post pictures of yours when you're done! :)
Yeah sure I will post pics once am done. :)

He doesn't chew on perches yet so I think it could be safe. I will keep checking on him if he chews the wrap I will replace it with some twine. And I have the same problem with cotton rope too. Wherever I find it, it's not 100% cotton and I don't know how much I would need to make the climbing net. Buying it locally is advantage that I can buy more immediately if needed or return easily if I don't use it.

Bird-Mom

Walking the driveway
That is true, it is nice to be able to buy extra and just return what you don't use. I would say definitely buy extra pvc pipe, curved connectors, and caps. I have some extra "x" connector pieces left over, but needed more caps. And the curved pieces are good for the base, perches, and treat holders. Well, depending how you design it.

lesliekiki

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leslie
Your design is better than anything I've seen out there!!! Its great!

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That is true, it is nice to be able to buy extra and just return what you don't use. I would say definitely buy extra pvc pipe, curved connectors, and caps. I have some extra "x" connector pieces left over, but needed more caps. And the curved pieces are good for the base, perches, and treat holders. Well, depending how you design it.
I probably will be returning 1 or 2 PVC pipes. I bought couple of them extra since I didn't had the measurements for my design and still don't. My measurements keeps on changing based on the pieces I cut for the stand. I would have completed it in one weekend, if I had measurements ready and the rope and vetwraps available. It's easy and fun to make. :)

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Well Done!

Bird-Mom

Walking the driveway
@optimisticStar I used two 10 foot poles and a third that was about 5-7 foot pole that I found downstairs. Designing the measurements is what takes the longest! I didn't use any glues, so I can change stuff if I wanted. But just get the base together and start thinking of ways to branch out perches and hangers (if you are putting treat/toy hangers)

And thanks! @Odin