• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight suit help

loviebirds

Moving in
Real Name
ash
hello. I was wondering what your birds reactions are to putting on flight suits? I have has my husband put it on Berry twice now (cause I don't want to be the bad guy) and he rarely stops trying to chew it off. The reason I want it to work out it because I want him to be out more without worrying about the poop cause I'm a clean freak lol. Did they get used to it and after how long?

Attachments

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You may have to resign yourself to cleaning up some poo. Put down paper towels, wear a birdy shirt, etc.

Brandon's-Fids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Brandon
It takes a while for them to get used to it they will chew on it for a few days maybe longer but eventually they stop.Maybe try bringing her outside if you got a leash too so she knows it means she can go outside.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Baby wipes work wonders!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
As a fellow clean freak, I understand. But I have to agree with @fluffypoptarts on this one. They're birds, cleaning up after them is a bit inevitable. :D
If you have a playstand for him it will help keep it in a certain area, so I'd recommend that.
He is so cute by the way! :heart:

loviebirds

Moving in
Real Name
ash
Wanted to update . I've been putting it on him whenever I take him out and he is starting to warm up to the idea. He doesn't like it that's for sure but he is slowly becoming more easily distracted by other things. I have to say I am so amazed that he has yet to bite me putting this thing on him. Instead he just yells at me. He is such a sweetie.

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
My bird attacks me every time I pick it up... going to try again soon. He is a stinker LOL