• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lucy outside today

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Was a beautiful 80 here today, so Lucy got to spend about 6 hours outside in the aviary. She really enjoyed it, and since we live way out in the country she has learned her calls echo in the distance. She made a big game of it today and was doing a call Ive been teaching her that I remember as a kid watching tarzan. No not the tarzan call but a sound in the background. Im not sure if its a bird or something else made the noise but Lucy picked it right up and was using it over and over for the world to hear. When I took her in she ate all her chop and took a nap, then drove my wife and I crazy with her new sound until her bedtime :eek: Oh well Im glad she enjoyed the nice weather, supposed to have a couple more days of it before it gets cold again.
Lucy outside 5.JPG Lucy outside 8.JPG

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Glad she enjoyed her day out. Sounds like you guys did, especially with her "Tarzan call" all day. :D

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a great aviary for her to be able to enjoy fresh air and sunlight!

Matt

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a great outside area for her! I'm happy she it enjoyed it with her Tarzan noises :ballerina:

Ziggy Stardust

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jodie Reed
Very nice outside aviary. Lucy looks very happy and content. Bet you are all loving the wonderful Texas weather. Sad that it won't last. Big snowstorm coming to Midwest . Hope you Texans miss it.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Well we had both birds outside today and figured out what that call is that Lucy is doing. I had to drive down the road to find it, one of our neighbors about 1/2 a mile away has some peacocks and they were out calling today. I guess Lucy picked that up and was calling back to them today. It really wouldnt be so bad, but she uses the same volume in the
house when she does the calls. :omg:

JosephNAsenath

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kristin
Awe! Awesome aviary!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well we had both birds outside today and figured out what that call is that Lucy is doing. I had to drive down the road to find it, one of our neighbors about 1/2 a mile away has some peacocks and they were out calling today. I guess Lucy picked that up and was calling back to them today. It really wouldnt be so bad, but she uses the same volume in the
house when she does the calls. :omg:
Yeah I'll probably get that one too since the prior owner had those at one time.

Right now our most hideous sound is the crow call Secret makes.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
We have alot of crows in the area but she hasnt picked that up thankfully. I had her outside today and she only called twice before the peacock down the road was calling back.
I was sitting out with her laughing, which gets her to laughing. My sennie sits out there and chirps to all the birds that come by the feeders we have out for them. He does his
microwave imitation, but they wont call back to him lol