• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So irritated about this toy! [and a question]

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
you said the white blob is not the issue... so what is the white blob?

rompydompy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Natalie
lol, I was appalled at the white blob at first, too :p Definitely looks like bug poo to me, thank goodness you inspected it! :wideyed: DRs F & S is a great vendor though, and Im glad they reached out to you.

BirdCatLady

Jogging around the block
Real Name
April
I think the white blob was part of a piece of nut... I'm not entirely sure though, I remember it registering on my radar when I ripped the toy open, as a piece of food in a weird shape, but I didn't inspect it any further than that.

It definitely wasn't mildew (at least, the majority of it) because the brown specs were actually dry little pieces of... poop I'm guessing. The brown spots may have been mildew, but I've seen mildew on paper before, and it didn't resemble that (honestly, when I first bought the toy, the brown spots almost looked like scorch marks, which isn't any less concerning I don't suppose, ha). I did keep the toy in a very dry location and nothing in the room where it was sitting has ever suffered from humidity at all, much less to the extent that mildew would need (books, etc., and no humidity damage). But perhaps prior to shipping...? then again, there's the fact that the brown pieces were hard/dry.

I really have no idea at this point. I'm suspecting it's poop, but the toy is now buried in our garbage can, so I'm not going to dig through trash to get the toy to rip it open outside... probably. :D Lol.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Oh, that is awful!
Maybe Dr. Fosters Smith has to purchase gigantic qtys. in order to get the discounts. Therefore they sit for way too much time in a warehouse.
Those come wrapped in plastic too.
Disgusting to say the least, the blob is what grossed me out.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Let us know what the manufacturer says!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I purchased it directly from the Drs Foster & Smith website. Will definitely contact them -- I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me being way too over-careful regarding the toy.

I'll send them an email with the pics... uggghhh.

I hate even thinking about the toy, but now I really want to rip into it and see how it looks inside. I'm horrible, heh.

Piñata necropsy!