• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this pan safe?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Other half has a roasting pan but it is no stick so I went and picked this up. It's aluminum which I think should be safe but I've heard that one name brand one has some kind of non stick so I wanted to make sure. Haven't done the turkey day thing in years and certainly have never cooked one, so I really have no idea. Lol. Here's a photo and links to the product.

Handi-foil - Home

Eco-Foil
image.jpg

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Also, does anyone know if the regular original Reynolds wrap aluminum foil is ok to use? Not sure if it's the non stick kind that is the dangerous one or all of them made by Reynolds. Oven is going to be at 350 degrees.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have no idea, I just wanted to say that I'm getting hungry! When are the turkey ready to eat? :p:D

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I have no idea. It says ready to eat on the packaging, but it seems like I have to bake it for a couple hours anyway:lol: last time I cooked something in the oven other than pizza or bird bread was back in 2001 and that was a one time deal:hilarious: other half is not feeling well and is sleeping so I thought I might surprise her because she likes TG and we haven't had one together because I don't celebrate it. Hopefully we all live to tell the tale of my first (and very last minute) turkey cooking experience:D i may just go get some off brand foil to be safe before the store closes in about a half hour.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Also, does anyone know if the regular original Reynolds wrap aluminum foil is ok to use? Not sure if it's the non stick kind that is the dangerous one or all of them made by Reynolds. Oven is going to be at 350 degrees.

Even the non-stick variety of Reynold's foil doesn't contain PTFE, and the company claims it isn't harmful even when overheated.

As for the pan it's hard to say. However, if it's not considered non-stick I doubt it is coated with anything that would release fumes. I would make sure the kitchen is well-ventilated anyway.