• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Youtubers?

greytlove

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Has anyone watched Manda and Rio on YouTube? I've been trying to absorb as much parrot information as possible the past couple of weeks and came across this video of hers...

Thoughts on her recommendations? Aside from the fact that she doesn't seem to ever change up the veggies and fruit she gives?

I feel like no other resource has been nearly as helpful as the AA community!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I don't have a conure, but I have watched a lot of her videos. I agree, I would add/change it up more as well. :)

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
I'm hijacking your thread since I just posted a Toque vid on YouTube for ya @greytlove ;) I finally caught him scratching with a tail feather! LOL

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
Awwwwwwwwww :faint:

greytlove

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
OH MY GOODNESS. what a smart birdie! I imagined him taking a molted feather to scratch with! This was infinitely cuter!

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
OH MY GOODNESS. what a smart birdie! I imagined him taking a molted feather to scratch with! This was infinitely cuter!
Well come on, now, if he had to go retrieve a molted feather every time he had an itch, that would just be silly. Why not keep one right there on his bum!? :laughing4: He's a trip. He's got that one tail feather bitten off and he stripped the feather stuff off the end so he can use it to scratch. I crack up every time I see him do it! And his expressions when it's a really good scratch... oh my gosh. Too funny.

haleybethg

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haley
Manda actually does change up the fruits/veggies, her video is just a basic diet example. She is very knowledgable, had it not been for her videos I would've never been confident enough to take the plunge into parrots. She has been a great support and friend on Instagram too!

squishyish

Checking out the neighborhood
I love Manda! Follow her religiously lol.
You can also search up BirdTricks. Theyre another really great resource for general parrot ownership tips. Theyve done videos on clicker training, target training, how to flight train indoors and outdoors, etc. Really great channel as well :)